Wylie Independent School District requested a dynamic signature facility to pair with their successful performance art programs and would instill pride within the Wylie and Abilene Communities. Adding a major artistic venue to the city of Abilene, the 1024 seat Wylie ISD Performing Arts Center was completed in 2017. The center incorporates full dressing rooms, a 1700sf “black box” theater for rehearsals, a choir hall, prop storage, a spacious dramatic lobby which can be used for pre-event receptions and other activities. The interior of the auditorium features a dramatic aesthetic that enhances the arts, and provides excellent acoustics, with unobstructed views of the performance from any seat. The exterior features a dramatic design that is clean, contemporary and sets a tone for any artistic performance and event.
Wylie Performing Arts Center
New Construction – 34,400 sqft approx.
Contractor: W. B. Kibler
- UIL Competition Stage, with full ‘fly’ and high-tech lighting system
- Tiered 1,024 seat Auditorium to host large events
- Elevated control room with spotlight/camera platforms
- New Choir Hall with 3 practice rooms and plenty of sheet music and dress storage
- 1,700 sqft Black Box theatre for smaller-scale performances
"The entire staff at CADCO has been informative and helpful in the construction process. The main reason we chose CADCO was because of their vast experience in designing schools in West Texas. The knowledge base they brought to the table helped us make the best decisions for our students."
Joey Light, Superintendent of Wylie ISD