Eastland ISD’s historic 1926 David S. Castle High School was in dire need of a complete interior updating. Bringing a 90-year-old building into the 21 Century was a must for the community of Eastland especially because the high school is the prominent landmark for the area. The most important design concern was to ensure the new elevator and additional science labs did not compete with the iconic aesthetic of the existing school.
Contractor: Buford Thompson Company
Owner: Eastland ISD
- Provided elevator access to all 3 floors
- Increased visibility from administrative offices
- Made all floors comply with federal and state accessibility code
- Added a Security Vestibule for better access control
- Preserved David S. Castle’s design aesthetic for generations to come
"The entire staff at CADCO has been informative and helpful in the construction process. The main reason we chose CADCO was because of their vast experience in designing schools in West Texas. The knowledge base they brought to the table helped us make the best decisions for our students."